Top 10 Best Wireless Routers 2017-2018 : Boost the Speed of your Internet Connection
Top 10 Best Wireless Routers 2017-2018
Looking for the best wireless routers for gamers, streamers, large houses, apartments and more? Which is the best budget router for you?
Well, due to a huge number of the today’s available routers, finding a “Good” one isn’t an easy job. You have to search them online and waste your time in all that. That’s why, to make things easy for you, I’ve compiled a list of top 10 best wireless routers for 2017-2018, which will boost the speed of your internet connection and are the best for the most your common situations.
1. TP-Link Talon AD7200
The TP-Link Talon AD7200 Multi-Band Gigabit Wi-Fi Router is the first 802.11ad router in the market. The router runs three distinct Wi-Fi bands at once,60 GHz (4600 Mbps), 5 GHz (1733 Mbps), and 2.4 GHz (800 Mbps). It operates on 512MB of ram and 32 MB of flash memory and for LAN connections, it provides 4x Gigabits, but it only offers 1x Gigabits of WAN connections. Using this you can Stream a 4K movie in minutes, and instantly share thousands of files and photos on the 60GHz band.
- Supports 802.11ad protocol.
- MU-MIMO capable.
- Superb close-range.
- Excellent overall performance in testing.
- Easy installation and management.
- Large footprint.
- Few 802.11ad clients at this writing.
2. Google WiFi
Google Wifi is the best Wifi system on the market, today. It is a new type of connected system for seamless Wifi coverage throughout your home and helping eliminate dead zones and buffering. Its understated design is ideally suited to any environment. The all three units of the Google Wifi system are identical to each other. It is relatively tiny to that of traditional routers with a diameter of 4.1 inches and a height of 2.7 inches. It’s elegant, simplistic and offers lots of versatility. If you want superior connectivity in all parts of your large home, the Google Wifi system (3-Pack) is the best to recommend.
- Super-simple setup.
- Modern design.
- Modular design for better coverage.
- Family-friendly control features.
- A lot lower priced than other Wi-Fi systems.
- Limited hardware control.
- Lower AC rating.
- No web interface.
3. Asus RT-AC88U
ASUS T-AC88U is the best router for gaming purposes. It’s the first home router with eight Gigabit LAN ports with additional support for Dual-WAN and port aggregation (two of the LAN ports can be combined into a single superfast connection.) The router supports MU-MIMO and includes unique features for gamers. It has a robust and fun-to-use Web interface, excellent network-monitoring features. It also has a built-in VPN server, and the ability protect your home network from malware and intruders. RT-AC88U is the best router delivering top Wi-Fi data rates, long range and a stable wireless signal.
- Fastest wireless speeds.
- Excellent scores on 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz throughput tests.
- Excellent range.
- Advanced features.
- Easy set up.
- Requires special hardware for fastest speeds.
- Poor placing of the USB 3.0.
- NAS is just average.
4. NETGEAR Nighthawk R7000
Among Home Routers the Netgear R7000 is a new wireless router and best for use. It has 1 GHz Dual Core processor. This is the first one to come to the market with the 1GHz Dual core. For the gaming wise, this router helps you deal with more packets at a time giving user better response. It includes two guest networks one for each frequency band. It is also Compatible with Windows 7 and Supports WPA, WPA-PSK, WPA2, WPA2-PSK encryption algorithms. And the router also supports FTP server, IPv6 support, NAT support, ReadySHARE, Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI), VPN support, Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS). Now, it comes with a new Quality of Service (QoS) feature that allows the user to manage both the upstream and the downstream. QoS allows for prioritizing the Internet so that real-time applications, such as gaming, HD streaming, video chat. The R7000 has two USB port, one USB 2.0 on the back and one USB 3.0 on the form and now it supports Apple Time Machine compatible, making the router.
- Class leading USB network performance.
- Dos Attack prevention.
- Beamforming technology.
- Slick Design, Front mounted USB port.
- It is fastest, rangiest wireless router yet.
- Looks and feels amazing and has a great build quality.
- Premium Pricing.
- Ports are not all consolidated on the rear.
- USB 3.0 performance not much better than USB 2.0.
- Asus & Linksys rivals offer easier setup.
- Bulky in size.
5. D-Link DIR 890L
This router is ultra fast speed for HD streaming and gaming. It is fast and easy to use, with a best stable Wifi signals. This router comes with the 1GHz dual processor and 2.4 GHz / 5 GHz frequency band include the cloud features of D link. It supports Advanced AC SmartBeam technology, also its support many wireless devices, very easily so, the user can access their network remotely via PC or mobile apps. This router provides users better wifi performance. It has a maximum total transfer rate of 3200 Mbps. The DIR-890L also has three wireless bands one 2.4 GHz band and two 5GHz bands that help to prevent interference. For the heavy internet connectivity D Link DIR 890L may be the ideal wireless router.
- Fast and Super reliable wifi performance.
- User can also make use of its fast 5GHz transfer speeds.
- Provide three wireless bands with total transfer rate up to 3200 Mbps.
- Excellent wireless range.
- Easy to setup and use.
- Not provide Paper instruction.
- High in price.
- Slow file transfer performance.
- Smart Connect is hit and miss.
6. NETGEAR Nighthawk X10
It is super fast local wifi. This Wi-Fi Router is for those looking to have the best VR gaming and 4K video streaming. This router can deliver up to 4,600Mbps, 1,733Mbps, and 800 Mbps Wifi speeds on 60GHz, 5GHz, and 2.4GHz frequency bands, respectively. It has three bands, uses 2.45 GHz with AC and the ad uses 60 GHz, we are talking about four times faster speed at 4600 Megabytes per second, when you are connected to the ad and you have 2.4 and 800 megabytes per second and you have 5 GHz running at 1733 so the speed is four-time than currently getting in most routers. It is the first router which has plex server, so user can hook up the hard drive to one of the two USBs and fill it. There is a lot of other software that can support in mobile as well as computers. It features 802.11ac Quad-Stream Wave2 Wifi with MU-MIMO, which helps in delivering high-speed Wi-Fi to multiple devices simultaneously. Also, this router contains Two of the Gigabit Ethernet ports which can be combined to provide speeds up to 2 Gbps.
- Performance on all the Wi-Fi bands is impressive.
- Installation and management are extremely easy due to the proprietary applications provided by NETGEAR.
- Perfect for gamers and streamers or anybody who needs constant high speeds with no interruptions.
- Aggressive design and Excellent 5GHz Performance.
- Very expensive considering the lack or shortcomings of features.
- Lacks of detailed Quality of Service (QoS) settings.
- The signal cannot penetrate through walls.
- Has a large footprint.
- Only features a single 5GHz band that offers 1733Mbps 802.11ac.
7. Amped Wireless RTA2600 Athena
The ATHENA Wireless RTA2600 is the multi-device household router. Which built with a 1.4GHz Qualcomm Dual Core Processor and 16 high power amplifiers. It has 4 high gain antennas and the ATHENA delivers unmatched Wi-Fi performance. It provides unprecedented coverage, speed, and reliability for the most of all networks with many connected devices. The ATHENA also features cutting-edge MU-MIMO technology that enables multiple devices to receive data at once, granting uninterrupted streaming for all.
- Gives a solid performance and easy to set up.
- Compact, easy to use and good throughput.
- Uses new multi-user, multiple-in, multiple-out technology.
- With this router can easily connected with the number of devices.
- Programmable Airtime Fairness.
- Lacks some of the features that are available in competitors.
- Expensive relative to routers with similar performance, Short on range.
- Slow storage-file transfer speeds.
- Its storage feature doesn’t support media streaming.
- Poor 5 GHz performance, Slow USB storage writes.
8. Linksys WRT1900 AC
It has 1.2 GHz ARM-based dual-core processor with 256 Megabytes of ddr3 and 128 flash memory so internally this router is closer to a lower end PC than a consumer grade router and with possibility of loading third-party firmware you can maybe even overclock the CPU to get even better performance. You’ll find an eSATA connection as well as USB3/ USB 2.0 Ports an internet connection and four Gigabit Ethernet Connections furthermore it has four detachable antennas which are fully articulating and will give you better signal triangulation.The router has both 5 and 2.4 GHz represented, the 2.5 gigahertz band has a speed of 600 megahertz.
- Excellent performance and range and easy setup.
- Unprecedented throughput speed when testing with second router as a bridge.
- Remote access, and management.
- Firmware flashable via OpenWRT.
- QoS feature cuts down time to buffer a video.
- Runs warm.
- Noticeable electrical odor when running.
- Can’t set 5GHz band to 802.11ac only mode.
9. TP-Link Archer C7
This is the TP-Link AC1750 dual-band wireless router. This is the Archer C7 model and this capable of both 5GHz as well as 2.4 GHz dual bans. It has six different antennas in there three external three internal dual USB ports, also user can plug in a USB Hard drive and turn that into a wifi hard drive. The TP-Link Archer C7 comes with the next generation Wifi standard 802.3 times faster than wireless and total data transfer speeds can achieve up to 1.75Gigabits Per second with 1.3 gigabits per second and 450 Megabits per second over the 2.4 GHz channel with gigabit. This router is also backward compatible with 11BGN devices so not only do you get the fastest wireless speeds ever. Wireless speeds the archer c7 allows all of your home’s devices such as tablets, laptops, Gaming.
- Gigabit wire-speed routing.
- Guest network bandwidth controls.
- Up and downlink bandwidth limiting.
- Flash memory capacity increased from 8 MB to 16 MB.
- Very good wireless coverage.
- Top ranked 5 GHz range.
- No 5 GHz channel bandwidth controls.
- Limited wireless settings.
- Only OK throughput.
10. Apple AirPort Extreme Dual-Band
The router features simultaneous dual bands in the 2.4 and 5GHz spectrum. Its network is 3x faster than any Wi-Fi-Dual-band. 802.11ac Wi-Fi-Transmits at both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz. It can share the files across the wireless network. The router supports the three-stream of the 802.11ac and 802.11n standards. When this router used with an 802.11ac-enabled client. It can easily accommodate up to 1.3Gbps data speed. It doesn’t have any internal storage of its own so the user can add an external drive. This does not support Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI) and Time Machine backup. It has one fewer Gigabit Ethernet WAN port than its direct competitors which would be convenient.
- Offers solid performance.
- Easy to set up.
- New tall design and easier to use.
- Compact and beautiful.
- Support for 802.11ac networking.
- All the upgrades over the predecessor happen to be subjective.
- USB Port is 2.0 , transfer speed is affected while moving large files.
- No NTFS support for external Drives.
- Few Additional Functionality than other routers in the market.
- offers no support for back up Mac’s to an external drive using Time Machine.