BHIM App : Installation, Features and Limitations
Everything that you want to know about BHIM App
Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM) is an initiative by Government of India to make cashless mobile payments faster, more secure, and more reliable. BHIM app works based on UPI (Unified Platform Interface) platform which is developed by the National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI). In this app, one can link his/her bank account over UPI and can make bank to bank transactions instantly by just using a mobile number. Since Government is involved in making of the app, it is highly reliable and trustworthy. You can send money to or receive money from your family, your friends and customers through a mobile number or VPA (Virtual Payment Address). VPA is a unique ID which is provided to every individual who uses the app. Money can also be sent to non-UPI supported banks using IFSC and MMID. So, here we have provided instructions for BHIM app’s installation, its features, and its limitations.
- First of all, you have to download and install BHIM app. from play store.
- Then it would ask you to choose the language when you open the app for the first time.
- In the next step, the App would ask your permission to send and view SMS from your Phone which is necessary to verify your phone number as shown in the image below.
- If may also ask to choose the SIM if you have two SIM inserted in your phone. It’s recommended to choose the number linked to the desired bank account.
- Now set the 4-digit Passcode/PIN to open this app. Confirm the PIN again by entering it. REMEMBER, without entering this PIN, you would not be able to open this app in future.
- Now BHIM would take you to the dashboard.
Add Bank Account
- After the installation, first, you will have to link your bank account to transfer fund to that account and get money from the account.
- Now, choose the bank name from the given list.
- You would see your bank account/s of that bank. Select the account. Then, the app links the bank account automatically.
- Anytime, you will be able to change your bank account by going through the same procedure as above.
Set UPI PIN
- For the final authentication, UPI PIN is required to be set to make any transaction. Here, UPI PIN is also known as MPIN in other UPI apps.
- Now, Click on the Bank account to set your UPI PIN.
- You would see the linked bank account. Below the bank account, you would also see about the status of your UPI PIN in green fonts. If you have previously set the UPI PIN, there would be a message about this.
- You would see the linked bank account. Below the bank account, you would see the status of your UPI PIN in green fonts. You would also see a message about if you have previously set UPI PIN.
- There would be options to change UPI PIN and RESET UPI PIN.If you choose the RESET UPI PIN, you need debit card details for authentication. Then, you would also get an OTP SMS for authentication.
- Changing UPI PIN is relatively easier. You have to only enter the existing PIN and new PIN twice. That’s it.
- Okay, so you have completed the installation process successfully. Now, you would be able to make any kind to transactions with the app.
Basic Features of BHIM
- Gives the best userexperience of UPI payment app.
- You can transfer fund to any bank account.
- You don’t need to register the payee beforehand.
- Money transfer is fast in the app.
- Even on holidays or night, you Transfer money.
- You don’t need to know the virtual payment address or bank account number of the payee. Transfer can take place by payee’s mobile number only.
- Internet banking is not required to be activated to use this app.
- Besides UPI PIN, you would be able to authenticate the fund transfer using your fingerprints.
- This app would also work on feature phone without internet using USSD number *99#.
- There is ‘Scan and Pay’ facility. It makes the payment transfer fast, especially at a shop.
- You can also check bank balance of the account of any bank.
- There is an extensive FAQ provided about the app. So, it makes BHIM app very helpful to new users.
- The BHIM app gives you a link to directly call the respective bank if there is an issue. In fact, it has saved the customer care number of all the banks.
- You can easily download and share your QR code. This code can be used to pay to you.
- Aadhar Payment
- Fingerprint authentication
- In the app, you can access only one account at a time.
- Only 2 virtual payment addresses given to the users.
- Mobile Number
- You can’t fetch mobile numbers from the contacts in your phone.
- App covers wide range of banks, still some banks are missing.
- The app hasn’t launched for IOS and windows devices.
- Transaction is limited to maximumRs. 20,000 within 24 hours.
- No regional languages support. [Hindi and English only]